5 Keys to hearing from God
- May 1, 2023
- Posted by: holyghostschool
- Category: Holyghost School
Having the ability to hear from God can be a transformative and powerful experience in the life of a believer. Sadly, most believers do not know how to hear from God and are overly dependent on prophets and men of God to know the mind of God for their lives. God desires that we know him for ourselves and hear from him directly so he can lead and direct us. Take a moment and meditate on the following verses;
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go, I will guide you with my eye.Psalm 32: 8
Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.Jeremiah 33:3
“And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, ‘This is the way, walk in it,’ when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.
Here are the keys to begin hearing from God
- Obedience to God – The first step to start hearing from God is confessing your sin and making up your mind to be obedient to his word. In 1 Samuel 28:6-20, God ignored Saul when he tried to enquire from him as a result of his Sin. If we become obedient and start working in righteousness, We’d start hearing from God.
- Relationship – Hearing from God is more than a technique or guidance on applying certain principles. The simple key to hearing from God is a relationship with Jesus Christ. You need to become intentional about deepening your relationship with God. The way to do this is by creating a specific time daily for fellowship. You can not be in a relationship with anyone without giving your time and your heart.
- Practice Meditation: In our busy and fast-paced world, it can be challenging to find moments of stillness to meditate on God’s word. Creating space for quiet reflection can be crucial when seeking to hear from God. Find a peaceful location, breathe deeply, and take time to be still and listen.
- Study the scripture: The scripture is one of the primary ways that God communicates with us. Regularly reading and studying scripture can help you develop a deeper understanding of God’s will and voice. Don’t read the word as any other book. Each time you go to study, invite the holy spirit to teach you and reveal mysteries embedded in the Word – Matthew 13:11
- Be patient: Don’t try to force God to speak to you and don’t get bitter when you don’t hear from him. When you deepen your relationship with God, You will begin to understand that even his silence means something. When God is silent, focus on aligning yourself to his will according to his word and he’d speak to you in his time. Most time when God is silent, He’s putting our patience to the test.
In conclusion, hearing from God can be a deeply personal and meaningful experience. God is eager to lead us according to his will so we can walk in the best pathway for our destiny. Begin today renewing your relationship with him and the Holyspirit will begin to lead you.